TUSCALOOSA, Ala. - The No. 7 Mizzou softball evened the series at No. 4 Alabama with a resounding 9-4 victory at Rhoads Stadium on Saturday.
The Tigers took a 9-0 lead over the Crimson Tide into the seventh inning on an initial 6.0-inning scoreless stint in the circle from standout senior pitcher Chelsea Thomas.
The Tigers were led offensively by sophomore CF Kayla Kingsley, who was 3-for-3 with two runs scored and one RBI. The Tigers got home runs from sophomore 1B Kelsea Roth, her 11th, and junior OF Mackenzie Sykes, her 7th, in the top of the seventh inning.
The Tigers improved to 23-3 overall and 8-2 in Southeastern Conference play with the victory.
- Updated Lawsuit filed to fight campaign contribution amendment
- MU students present designs for new airport terminal
- Stolen car flips during chase with authorities in Moberly
- Audit finds security flaws in state's payroll system
- Columbia Fire Department: Person and vehicle on fire, cause unknown
- First responders take extra precautions to save lives in cold weather
- Audit finds gaps in state payroll system security