COLUMBIA, Mo. - The University of Missouri has officially announced the kickoff time for its homecoming game.
The game against the South Carolina Gamecocks is set to begin at 6 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 26. The game will air on either ESPN or ESPN2, with a decision to be made in the coming weeks.
MU and the American Red Cross are also teaming up for the 28th annual Homecoming Blood Drive.
The drive started Monday morning and will run until 7:30 p.m. It will continue to run daily through Thursday at the Hearnes Center.
Organizers hope to collect 5,000 pints of blood, which would bring the total to 100,000 pints collected throughout the past 27 years.
University officials also announced times for other homecoming festivities. Campus decorations in Greek Town will run from 6 to 9:30 p.m. on Friday.
The homecoming parade will then begin at 9 a.m. on Saturday. Those attending the parade can watch it from downtown or from campus. It will begin at the intersection of Turner and Tiger avenues then run along a parade route including Rollins Street, Hitt Street, University Avenue and Ninth Street, before ending at Elm and Sixth streets.
- Updated Woman in fatal crash wasn't wearing seat belt
- Updated Suspect indecently exposes himself on East Rollins Street
- New Man's petition to set aside guilty plea in murder case denied
- Governor's security detail to remain same under Greitens
- Man is arrested for aggravated stalking, was hiding in victim's backyard
- Victim assaulted and robbed by same suspect within a week
- Governor--elect Greiteins vows to tighten up on crime