KANSAS CITY - Carl Edwards grew up a Cardinals fan. But Tuesday, he said Royals blue felt nice to wear.
The Columbia native was in Kansas City to promote the Sprint Cup race at Kansas Motor Speedway. He got to take batting practice and threw out the ceremonial first pitch before the Royals took on the Rays.
"I was more of a Cardinals fan growing up, but I feel pretty comfortable in this blue," Edwards said. "I like it. The biggest thing is the Royals do so much with the speedway. They are allowing me to come out here and let me be a part of this. To share our sport with their fans and their sport with our fans, I think it is great."
Edwards sits third in the Sprint Cup standings.
The Tampa Bay Rays beat the Royals 1-0 on Tuesday.
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"
- Car flips in Columbia crash, driver arrested
- Stephen Webber elected state Democratic Party chairman
- Missouri meth lab seizures down sharply in 2016
- Driver flown to hospital after rollover crash in Camden County
- Columbia City Council to consider implementing new traffic safety policy