COLUMBIA, Mo. - Michael Sam certainly draws a crowd.
Almost every NFL team sent a scout to Missouri's Dan Devine Pavillion Thursday for Pro Day work outs.
Michael Sam, who came out as the first openly gay draft prospect, tried to impress with many NFL eyes descending upon Columbia. Sam lifted 225 pounds 19 times, ran an 4.69 unofficial 40-yard dash, jumped 30 inches - all improving numbers from the NFL combine last month.
Fellow DE Kony Ealy putting up impressive numbers. Ealy ran an unofficial 4.57 40-yard dash, a personal best.
Max Copeland, who played offensive line for the Tigers, shed weight and performed drills at the O-line position and full back, participating in the catching drills from Mizzou QB James Franklin.
40-yard Dash (unofficial)
WR L'Damian Washington 4.48
DB EJ Gaines 4.45 40
QB James Franklin 4.94
DL Kony Ealy 4.77
DL Michael Sam 4.69
OL Max Copeland 5.26
WR Jaleel Clark 4.59 40
OL Justin Britt 5.13
LB Donovan Bonner 4.88
DB Randy Ponder 4.66
E Eric Waters PRs on 225 bench press with 18 reps.
DL Michael Sam hits 19 reps on 225 bench press (ties personal record)
OL Max Copeland hits 22 reps on 225 bench press
OL Justin Britt hits 26 reps on 225 bench press.
LB Andrew Wilson hits 22 reps on 225 bench press
-- Written by Sherree Burruss
Click the video link to watch a full recap of Pro Day. ABC 17 Sports Director Austin Kim also has more with former lineman Max Copeland, as he lost 50 pounds in his transition to fullback.
- Updated Woman in fatal crash wasn't wearing seat belt
- Updated Suspect indecently exposes himself on East Rollins Street
- New Man's petition to set aside guilty plea in murder case denied
- Governor's security detail to remain same under Greitens
- Man is arrested for aggravated stalking, was hiding in victim's backyard
- Victim assaulted and robbed by same suspect within a week
- Governor--elect Greiteins vows to tighten up on crime