COLUMBIA, Mo. - With the start of the 2014 World Cup, popularity of the sport is increasing in America.
This year, the US bought more world cup tickets than any other non-host nation.
Since the last world cup, attendance at soccer games has gone up eight percent in America and viewing, listening and attendance combines has gone up 32%.
ABC 17s Sherree Burruss spoke with soccer fans in Columbia about the growing popularity in the sport.
- Columbia man convicted of threatening witnesses, attorney
- New Stolen car flips during chase with authorities in Moberly
- Updated Audit finds security flaws in state's payroll system
- Updated Columbia Fire Department: Person and vehicle on fire, cause unknown
- First responders take extra precautions to save lives in cold weather
- Updated Audit finds gaps in state payroll system security
- MU students present designs for new airport terminal