JUPITER, Fla. - The St. Louis Cardinals and pitcher Adam Wainwright have agreed to $97.5 million, five-year contract that will run through 2018.
Wainwright became a free agent after the World Series. His new agreement sets him to make around $19.5 million for the next five seasons.
Last year, Wainwright was 14-13 with a 3.94 ERA after missing the 2011 Cardinals' World Series run because of elbow surgery.
- Columbia man convicted of threatening witnesses, attorney
- Audit finds gaps in state payroll system security
- MU students present designs for new airport terminal
- Suspect breaks into five parked cars at three different gyms
- Vehicle crash on Providence Road and I-70 exit ramp
- No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze