ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Cardinals will remember Cardinal great Stan Musial this season by wearing a special patch, but it will be unusual.
This patch will not have any black on it.
The Cardinals decided the Stan Musial's life was too bright to be memorialized by dark colors.
The Red Birds will wear the No. 6 patch on their left sleeve. The patch will have a red border with his number and signature through it. The background of the patch will be the color of the jersey; grey for road games, white for home and cream-colored when the Cards wear their new alternate jersey.
The patch will debut on opening day, when the Cardinals take on the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Updated One suspect charged in multi-county burglary bust
- Injury crash shuts down westbound Highway 50
- Updated Holts Summit man arrested for threatening family members
- Updated Prosecutor files charge against former MU wide receiver
- Updated Boone County crews battle house fire on West Wolfe Road
- Updated Lack of school resource officers in Boone County
- Updated MU football hires defensive line coach