Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 3:00 PM CST on December 13, 2013, expires at: 12:00 PM CST on December 14, 2013
- ...Winter Weather Advisory now in effect until noon CST Saturday... The Winter Weather Advisory for snow...sleet and freezing drizzle is now in effect until noon CST Saturday.
- Short term trends...patchy areas of light freezing rain will persist in the Eastern Ozarks along and east of the Highway 63 corridor through late this afternoon. Rain will continue across the remainder of the Missouri Ozarks and southeastern Kansas this afternoon then gradually transition to a mix of sleet and snow this evening.
- Timing and areas affected...a mix of rain...snow and sleet will develop this evening across much of the Missouri Ozarks and far southeastern Kansas before transitioning to mainly snow by late evening into the overnight hours.
- Snow and sleet accumulations...accumulations will range from 3 to 6 inches generally along and north of Highway 60 and east of Interstate 49. Locally higher accumulations in excess of 6 inches will be possible. Lighter accumulations of 1 to 3 inches are expected across extreme southeastern Kansas and far southern Missouri.
- Ice accumulations...freezing rain accumulations will range from a trace to a few hundredths of an inch. Freezing drizzle will develop late tonight and continue into Saturday morning.
- Impacts...travel conditions will deteriorate by late evening into the overnight hours as temperatures fall below freezing and snow develops. Snowfall rates will be heavy at times later tonight leading to a rapid deterioration of travel conditions. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow...sleet... or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving. Foster