Winter Storm Watch:
Issued at: 10:22 PM CST on December 12, 2013, expires at: 9:00 AM CST on December 14, 2013
- ...Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from Friday afternoon through Saturday morning... A Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from Friday afternoon through Saturday morning.
- Location...the heaviest snow is expected along and 30 to 50 miles to the north and south of a line from the Kansas City Metro area to Kirksville.
- Timing...freezing drizzle or light freezing rain may occur early Friday morning...transitioning to rain by late Friday morning. A change over to snow will likely take place between 2 PM and 6 PM. The heaviest snow will likely end by midnight Friday night. Light snow will end Saturday morning.
- Snow/ice accumulations...ice accumulations up to a tenth of an inch will be possible. Snow amounts ranging from 3 to 6 inches will be possible...with some areas within the heavier snow bands potentially receiving greater than 6 inches.
- Impacts... exposed surfaces including roadways will become very slick. Once the snow begins...expect visibility to be very low during the periods of heaviest snow. Roads could also become packed with snow quickly as snowfall rates could be rather high. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant snow...sleet...or ice accumulations that may impact travel. Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.