Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 11:54 PM CST on December 8, 2013, expires at: 3:00 AM CST on December 09, 2013
- ...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 3 am CST Monday... A Winter Weather Advisory freezing drizzle and light snow remains in effect until 3 am CST Monday.
- Timing and areas affected...the Missouri Ozarks east of Interstate 49 through 3 am.
- Snow and ice accumulations...a dusting of snow accumulation will be possible mainly north of Highway 54. Freezing drizzle will produce a thin glaze of a trace to a few hundredths of an inch of ice accumulation.
- Impacts...cold Road and bridge surfaces will cause any precipitation to freeze on contact. Even if it does not look like much precipitation has or is occurring...the roads will become slick with even just a small amount of snow or freezing drizzle. The Missouri Department of Transportation has reported numerous accidents and slide offs. While precipitation is expected to come to an end overnight...patchy black ice can be expected through the Monday morning commute. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of freezing drizzle and light snow will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving.
Issued at: 3:04 PM CST on December 8, 2013, expires at: 6:00 AM CST on December 09, 2013
- ...Patchy freezing drizzle and black ice expected... Patchy freezing drizzle will continue across extreme southeastern Kansas and the Missouri Ozarks this evening. In addition...after sunset...temperatures will gradually fall into the lower 20s and upper teens. This will result in refreezing of moisture on exposed surfaces and increase the potential for black ice. Motorists are urged to remain very cautious on area roadways tonight and during the Monday morning commute.