Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 10:13 am CST on December 6, 2013, expires at: 6:00 PM CST on December 06, 2013
- ...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 6 PM CST this evening... A Winter Weather Advisory for snow remains in effect until 6 PM CST this evening.
- Short term trends...a large area of light snow has spread over much of the advisory area. North winds of 10 to 15 mph will result in blowing and drifting snow...reducing visibility to less than two miles at times.
- Timing and areas affected...light snow will continue across portions of extreme southeastern Kansas through portions of western and central Missouri...generally along and north of a line from Joplin...to Bolivar...to Rolla.
- Snow accumulations...accumulations will range between a dusting and two inches for areas along and north of a line from Joplin...to Bolivar...to Rolla.
- Impacts...snowfall will cause some travel problems through the day today including the evening commute. Wind chill values will drop below zero late tonight and into Saturday morning. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving.