Issued at: 11:18 PM CDT on March 11, 2014, expires at: 10:00 AM CDT on March 12, 2014
- ...Wind Advisory remains in effect until 10 am CDT Wednesday...
- short term trends...a strong cold front continues to sweep through the Missouri Ozarks late this evening and is currently pushing across far southern Missouri and the Eastern Ozarks. The front will push through the rest of the area by the early overnight hours. Winds will become strong and gusty out of the northwest behind the front...with the strong and gusty winds continuing into early Wednesday.
- Timing and areas affected...the Missouri Ozarks from late this evening into early Wednesday morning.
- Winds...sustained northwest winds of 25 to 35 mph with gusts to around 40 to 50 mph can be expected from late this evening into early Wednesday morning.
- Impacts...Crosswinds on exposed roads may affect high profile vehicles. Outdoor objects that are not secured may be blown around. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Wind Advisory means that sustained winds of 30 mph or gusts to 45 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult...especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution. WFO sgf