Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 3:46 am CST on December 13, 2013, expires at: 6:00 AM CST on December 14, 2013
- ...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 6 am CST Saturday... A Winter Weather Advisory for snow...sleet and freezing rain remains in effect until 6 am CST Saturday.
- Timing and areas affected...a wintry mix will impact all of the Missouri Ozarks and southeastern Kansas today and tonight. Winter precipitation will begin early this morning across southwestern Missouri and southeastern Kansas and spread into central Missouri and the Eastern Ozarks by mid to late morning. Precipitation will transition to rain across areas west of Highway 65 and south of Highway 160 this afternoon before changing back over to a wintry mix this evening. Areas to the east of Highway 65 and north of Highway 160 will see a wintry mix through the day with a transitions to sleet and snow this evening.
- Snow and sleet accumulations...sleet will occur at times mainly this morning and again tonight while light snow develops tonight. Total snow and sleet accumulations will range from a trace to inch at most locations with two to four inches possible across central Missouri and the Eastern Ozarks. Some locations across the Eastern Ozarks and central Missouri may see accumulations of sleet and snow in excess of four inches in localized areas.
- Ice accumulations...freezing rain will fall today resulting in ice accumulations from a few hundredths of an inch to around one tenth of an inch.
- Impacts...the wintry mix of precipitation will result in hazardous travel conditions today and tonight especially on bridges...overpasses...and untreated roads. Travel conditions will deteriorate from southwest to northeast this morning and again tonight as temperatures fall below freezing. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow...sleet... or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving. Hatch