Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 9:55 PM CST on December 4, 2013, expires at: 6:00 PM CST on December 06, 2013
- ...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 9 am Thursday to 6 PM CST Friday... A Winter Weather Advisory for snow...sleet and freezing rain remains in effect from 9 am Thursday to 6 PM CST Friday.
- Timing and areas affected...areas generally north of an Anderson to Ozark to Winona line from Thursday morning through late Friday afternoon.
- Snow and sleet accumulations...light accumulations of snow and sleet are expected Thursday...especially during the afternoon hours. More significant snow accumulations are expected late Thursday night and Friday as another round of snow moves trough the region. Storm total snow accumulations will range from one to five inches...with heavier amounts along and south of Interstate 44.
- Ice accumulations...a thin glaze of freezing rain will be possible south of I-44 on Thursday.
- Impacts...significant impacts to travel are expected across the region Thursday and Friday. This will include the Thursday afternoon and Friday morning commutes. With temperatures dropping to or below freezing in many locations before precipitation starts to fall...rapid accumulations and impacts to area roadways are expected once precipitation falls. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow...sleet...or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving.