Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 3:41 PM CST on December 12, 2013, expires at: 6:00 AM CST on December 14, 2013
- ...Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 6 am Friday to 6 am CST Saturday... The National Weather Service in St Louis has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for freezing rain and snow...which is in effect from 6 am Friday to 6 am CST Saturday.
- Timing...freezing rain will develop Friday morning then change to rain in the afternoon. The rain will then change to snow on Friday evening.
- Accumulations...snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches...along with up to one tenth of an inch of ice.
- Winds...south 5 to 10 mph.
- Impacts...the wintry precipitation will result in hazardous travel conditions Friday and Friday night especially on bridges...overpasses...and untreated roads. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory is issued for a variety of winter weather conditions...such as snow...blowing snow...sleet...or freezing drizzle and rain. It only takes a small amount of wintry precipitation to make roads...bridges...sidewalks...and parking lots icy and dangerous. It is often difficult to tell when ice begins to form...so do not be caught off guard.