Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 5:26 PM CST on December 9, 2013, expires at: 3:00 AM CST on December 10, 2013
- ...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 3 am CST Tuesday... A Winter Weather Advisory for snow remains in effect until 3 am CST Tuesday.
- Short term trends...light to occasionally moderate snow will continue this evening across most of extreme southeastern Kansas and the Missouri Ozarks. The heaviest snow will occur along and immediately north of the Interstate 44 corridor.
- Timing and areas affected...the advisory is in effect through 3 am for locations along and south of a line from Pittsburg Kansas to Osage Beach Missouri.
- Snow accumulations...total snow accumulations will range from a dusting to three inches. The highest amounts will occur along and immediately north of the Interstate 44 corridor.
- Impacts...snow will accumulate on Road surfaces. This will make travel difficult from the evening commute into the early overnight period. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving.