Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 3:16 PM CST on December 9, 2013, expires at: 3:00 AM CST on December 10, 2013
- ...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 3 am CST Tuesday... A Winter Weather Advisory for snow remains in effect until 3 am CST Tuesday.
- Short term trends...light snow was beginning to develop over southwest Missouri and southeast Kansas and will continue to spread northeast across the Missouri Ozarks during the early evening.
- Timing and areas affected...this afternoon and tonight for locations along and south of a line from Pittsburg Kansas to Osage Beach Missouri.
- Snow accumulations...snow accumulations will range from a dusting to two inches.
- Impacts...light snow is expected to accumulate on Road surfaces. This will mainly impact travel conditions late this afternoon and into the overnight hours. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving.