Dense Fog Advisory:
Issued at: 4:49 am CDT on September 19, 2014, expires at: 9:00 AM CDT on September 19, 2014
- ...Dense fog advisory in effect until 9 am CDT this morning... The National Weather Service in Springfield has issued a dense fog advisory...which is in effect until 9 am CDT this morning.
- Short term trends...visibilities across the advisory area will drop to less than a quarter mile at times. Fog is most widespread around the Lake of The Ozarks region and points south toward Interstate 44 and Fort Leonard Wood.
- Timing and areas affected...areas east of a line from Osceola to Marshfield to West Plains through 9 am.
- Visibility...visibilities will drop to a quarter mile or less at times. Fog will be most widespread in valleys and other low lying areas.
- Impacts...dense fog will cause visibilities to drop considerably over short distances. Drivers on area roadways are encouraged to drive with caution. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A dense fog advisory means visibilities will frequently be reduced to less than one quarter mile. If driving...slow down... use your headlights...and leave plenty of distance ahead of you.