Issued at: 9:03 PM CDT on October 01, 2014, expires at: 10:00 PM CDT on October 01, 2014
- Tornado Watch 511 remains in effect until 1000 PM CDT for the following locations MO . Missouri counties included are Audrain Barton Bates Benton Boone Callaway Camden Cass Cedar Cole Cooper Crawford Dade Franklin Gasconade Henry Hickory Howard Jasper Johnson Lafayette Maries Miller Moniteau Montgomery Morgan Newton Osage Pettis Phelps Polk Pulaski St. Clair Saline Vernon Warren Washington
Flash Flood Watch:
Issued at: 2:53 PM CDT on October 1, 2014, expires at: 7:00 PM CDT on October 02, 2014
- ...Flash Flood Watch in effect from 7 PM CDT this evening through Thursday evening... The National Weather Service in St Louis has issued a
- Flash Flood Watch for portions of central Missouri...east central Missouri and northeast Missouri...including the following counties...in central Missouri...Audrain MO...Boone MO...Callaway MO...Cole MO...Moniteau MO and Osage MO. In east central Missouri...Gasconade MO and Montgomery MO. In northeast Missouri...Monroe MO.
- From 7 PM CDT this evening through Thursday evening
- heavy rain is expected to develop this evening and persist over parts of the area tonight. There are indications that several rounds of thunderstorms may train over the same locations tonight into Thursday producing pockets of very heavy rain. Rainfall amounts in excess of 3 inches with locally higher amounts are possible.
- Heavy rainfall will result in flooding of low lying or poor drainage areas...and ultimately dangerous flash flooding on smaller creeks and streams. Significant rises on larger streams and rivers will also be possible. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Flash Flood Watch means that flash flooding is possible but not imminent in the watch area. People in the watch area should be aware of the possibility of heavy rainfall and flash flooding. Check your preparedness requirements...especially if you live in flood prone areas. Stay informed...and be ready for quick action if flooding is observed or if a Flash Flood Warning is issued.