Flash Flood Watch:
Issued at: 3:35 am CDT on May 30, 2015, expires at: 1:00 PM CDT on May 30, 2015
- ...Flash Flood Watch remains in effect until 1 PM CDT this afternoon... The Flash Flood Watch continues for
- portions of central Missouri...south central Missouri and southwest Missouri...including the following areas...in central Missouri...Maries...Phelps and Pulaski. In south central Missouri...Dent...Howell...Oregon...Shannon and Texas. In southwest Missouri...Douglas...Laclede...Ozark... Taney...Webster and Wright.
- Until 1 PM CDT this afternoon
- rain will continue across south central Missouri and the Eastern Ozarks through the morning. Runoff from this rain will result in additional flooding in some locations across the watch area.
- Small streams...creeks...low water crossings and area rivers will be especially susceptible to flash flooding. Those floating or camping on or near area rivers should be alert for rapid rises of water levels. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation. You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action should flash flood warnings be issued.