Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 7:41 am CST on December 18, 2014, expires at: 9:00 AM CST on December 18, 2014
- ...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 9 am CST this morning... A Winter Weather Advisory for light snow and freezing drizzle remains in effect until 9 am CST this morning.
- Short term trends...light snow will impact central Missouri through 9 am before diminishing from the west. Additional light accumulations of a dusting to locally one half of an inch may occur generally north of a line from Bolivar to Salem Missouri. Areas of drizzle and patchy freezing drizzle will continue across the Missouri Ozarks and far southeastern Kansas until mid morning. Temperatures will hove near or just above the freezing mark. Highway departments indicate that primary routes ranged from mostly clear to partly covered in localized areas. Snow accumulations since Wednesday evening have generally ranged from a trace to near one inch.
- Timing and areas affected...all of the Missouri Ozarks and southeastern Kansas through mid morning today.
- Snow and sleet accumulations...storm total accumulations will range from a dusting to one half inch across far southern Missouri with 1 to 2 inches inches across portions of central Missouri.
- Ice accumulations...patchy freezing drizzle may result in a very light glaze in localized areas.
- Impacts...the wintry precipitation will result in some travel impacts especially on bridges...overpasses...and secondary or untreated roads. The Highway 54 corridor and areas to the north into northern Missouri and northeastern Kansas will be most impacted. While most roads will be wet...be alert for sudden changes in travel conditions over short distances. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of winter precipitation will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving.