Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 3:28 PM CST on March 4, 2015, expires at: 6:00 AM CST on March 05, 2015
- ...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 6 am CST Thursday... A Winter Weather Advisory for snow remains in effect until 6 am CST Thursday.
- Short term trends...light snow will continue to fall at times late this afternoon into this evening before ending from north to south by midnight tonight. Additional accumulations will generally be a dusting to less than one inch with the greatest along and south of the Interstate 44 corridor.
- Timing and areas affected...portions of southeastern Kansas and southwestern and central Missouri...including the greater Interstate 44 corridor...through Thursday morning.
- Snow accumulations...storm total snowfall amounts of one to four inches with the lightest north of Interstate 44 and the heaviest to the south.
- Winds and visibility...moderate snow will likely result in visibility at or below one mile at times.
- Impacts...be alert for varying Road conditions and icy spots... particularly Road interchanges...bridges and secondary roads into the overnight hours. Areas where roads have become wet or slushy today could refreeze in spots as temperatures continue to fall this evening and tonight. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving. WFO sgf