Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 4:05 am CST on February 28, 2015, expires at: 12:00 PM CST on March 01, 2015
- ...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 9 am this morning to noon CST Sunday... A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and freezing rain remains in effect from 9 am this morning to noon CST Sunday.
- Timing and areas affected...the Winter Weather Advisory is in effect for extreme southeastern Kansas and the Missouri Ozarks from the mid morning hours today through Sunday morning.
- Snow will overspread the region from west to east this morning and afternoon and continue into the evening hours. The snow will then change to a wintry mix of light freezing rain and snow across southern Missouri overnight tonight into Sunday.
- Snow accumulations...amounts ranging from 1 to 3 inches can be expected south of the Interstate 44 corridor with the lightest totals across south central Missouri. 3 to 5 inches of snow can be expected along and north of the Interstate 44 corridor.
- Ice accumulations...a thin glaze of ice with amounts generally less than five hundredths of an inch expected south of the Interstate 44 corridor.
- Visibility...moderate snow will reduce visibility to less than a mile at times.
- Impacts...the combination of falling and accumulating snow as well as a thin glaze of ice will make travel conditions difficult. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow and freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving. WFO sgf