Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 10:25 am CST on January 31, 2015, expires at: 9:00 PM CST on February 01, 2015
- ...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 8 PM this evening to 9 PM CST Sunday... A Winter Weather Advisory for snow remains in effect from 8 PM this evening to 9 PM CST Sunday.
- Timing...rain will transition to snow between 8 PM and 12 am... and snow will continue through late Sunday afternoon or evening.
- Total snow accumulations...2 to 4 inches of snow.
- Blowing snow...north winds of 15 to 25 mph with higher gusts are expected by late morning Sunday. This may result in periods of blowing and drifting snow.
- Impacts...the expected snow totals and blowing snow will make travel hazardous tonight into Sunday. Quickly falling temperatures on Sunday will also support freezing of wet or slushy roadways... resulting in difficult driving conditions. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow...sleet...or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving.