Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 3:58 PM CST on March 2, 2015, expires at: 8:00 AM CST on March 03, 2015
- ...Winter Weather Advisory in effect from midnight tonight to 8 am CST Tuesday... The National Weather Service in St Louis has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for freezing rain and sleet...which is in effect from midnight tonight to 8 am CST Tuesday.
- Timing...freezing rain is expected to develop over northeast and east central Missouri...as well as west central and southwest Illinois...late tonight and continue into early Tuesday morning. Some light snow is also possible in northeast Missouri and west central Illinois.
- Accumulations...a light glazing of ice.
- Winds...southeast 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 20 mph.
- Impacts...the wintry precipitation will result in hazardous travel conditions...especially on bridges... overpasses...and untreated roads. The cold ground may cause some icing problems to continue even as air temperatures reach the freezing mark. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory is issued for a variety of winter weather conditions...such as snow...blowing snow...sleet...or freezing drizzle and rain. It only takes a small amount of wintry precipitation to make roads...bridges...sidewalks...and parking lots icy and dangerous. It is often difficult to tell when ice begins to form...so do not be caught off guard.