Areal Flood Watch:
Issued at: 2:10 PM CST on November 26, 2015, expires at: 6:00 AM CST on November 28, 2015
- ...Flood Watch now in effect from 6 PM CST this evening through late Friday night... The Flood Watch is now in effect for
- portions of central Missouri and east central Missouri... including the following in...central Missouri...Boone MO... Callaway MO...Cole MO...Moniteau MO and Osage MO. In east central Missouri...Gasconade MO...Montgomery MO and Warren MO.
- From 6 PM CST this evening through late Friday night
- a cold front will slowly move through the watch area resulting in an extended period of rainfall. Widespread rainfall amounts of 2 to 4 inches are possible...with the best chance for the higher amounts across southeastern Missouri and far southern Illinois.
- Heavy rainfall will result in flooding of low lying or poor drainage areas. Significant rises on larger streams and rivers will also be possible. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Flood Watch means that flooding is possible but not imminent in the watch area. People in the watch area are urged to check on preparedness requirements...especially if you have interests along area rivers. Stay informed...and be ready for action if flooding is observed or if a Flood Warning is issued.