Issued at: 1:19 am CDT on October 2, 2014, expires at: 2:00 AM CDT on October 02, 2014
- ...Significant weather advisory for eastern Audrain and northern Callaway counties in central Missouri...and Montgomery County in east central Missouri...and southern Ralls and western Pike counties in northeast Missouri until 200 am CDT... At 117 am CDT...National Weather Service Doppler radar was tracking strong thunderstorms along a line extending from center to Mexico to 7 miles northwest of Fulton...and moving east at 50 mph. Wind gusts up to 50 mph are expected with these storms...along with heavy rain and frequent dangerous lightning. Locations near the path of these storms include... Fulton... Vandalia... Wellsville... Montgomery City... Auxvasse... center... Laddonia... Farber... Martinsburg... Spencerburg... This storm will affect Graham Cave State Park. This storm will also impact... Interstate 70 in Missouri from exit 144 to exit 179. These storms may intensify...so be certain to monitor local radio and TV stations...as well as local cable TV outlets... for additional information and possible warnings from the National Weather Service. Torrential rain...which may flood low lying areas such as ditches and underpasses...is also likely. Do not drive your vehicle on a flooded roadway. Cvking
Flash Flood Watch:
Issued at: 12:41 am CDT on October 2, 2014, expires at: 7:00 PM CDT on October 02, 2014
- ...Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through this evening... The Flash Flood Watch continues for
- portions of central Missouri...east central Missouri and northeast Missouri...including the following counties...in central Missouri...Audrain MO...Boone MO...Callaway MO...Cole MO...Moniteau MO and Osage MO. In east central Missouri... Gasconade MO and Montgomery MO. In northeast Missouri... Monroe MO.
- Through this evening
- heavy rain is expected to come in waves of thunderstorms overnight and during the day on Thursday. Rainfall amounts in excess of 3 inches with locally higher amounts are possible.
- Heavy rainfall will result in flooding of low lying or poor drainage areas...and ultimately dangerous flash flooding on smaller creeks and streams. Significant rises on larger streams and rivers will also be possible. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Flash Flood Watch means that flash flooding is possible but not imminent in the watch area. People in the watch area should be aware of the possibility of heavy rainfall and flash flooding. Check your preparedness requirements...especially if you live in flood prone areas. Stay informed...and be ready for quick action if flooding is observed or if a Flash Flood Warning is issued. Cvking