Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 12:18 PM CST on February 28, 2015, expires at: 6:00 PM CST on March 01, 2015
- ...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 6 PM CST Sunday...
- timing...snow will continue to work across the region this afternoon and into tonight. Snowfall may taper off for a while overnight, but another burst of snow is expected on Sunday morning.
- Accumulations...4 to 6 inches of snow.
- Winds...south 5 to 10 mph.
- Impacts...the wintry precipitation will result in hazardous travel conditions...especially on bridges... overpasses...and untreated roads. Parking lots and sidewalks will become slippery as well. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory means that up to 5 inches of snow is expected across the advisory area. Roads may rapidly become slippery once the snow begins...so motorists should plan for a slower than normal trip. Be especially alert when approaching bridges...overpasses...and curves.