Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 2:37 PM CST on February 1, 2015, expires at: 9:00 PM CST on February 01, 2015
- ...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 9 PM CST this evening... A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow remains in effect until 9 PM CST this evening.
- Timing...light snow will continue into the early evening.
- Snow accumulations...little to no additional accumulation.
- Winds...north winds at 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 40 mph. This will result in periods of blowing and drifting snow. A few power outages and downed tree limbs are also possible.
- Temperatures...rapidly falling into the lower and middle 20s this afternoon...which may cause quick freezing of slush and water on roadways. Any untreated roadways could become very slick. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow...sleet...or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving.