Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 4:15 am CST on February 14, 2016, expires at: 6:00 PM CST on February 14, 2016
- ...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 6 PM CST this evening...
- timing...a mix of sleet and snow will develop and become widespread by early this morning...with about 3 to 4 hours of accumulating precipitation anticipated. Precipitation is expected to transition to areas of freezing drizzle by midday.
- Accumulations...1 to 2 inches of snow...with some sleet accumulation...and a light glazing of ice.
- Winds...southeast 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 20 mph.
- Impacts...the wintry precipitation will result in hazardous travel conditions...especially on bridges... overpasses...and untreated roads. Parking lots and sidewalks will become slippery as well. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory is issued for a variety of winter weather conditions...such as snow...blowing snow...sleet...or freezing drizzle and rain. It only takes a small amount of wintry precipitation to make roads...bridges...sidewalks...and parking lots icy and dangerous. It is often difficult to tell when ice begins to form...so do not be caught off guard. Tes