Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 4:12 PM CST on February 27, 2015, expires at: 6:00 PM CST on March 01, 2015
- ...Winter Weather Advisory in effect from noon Saturday to 6 PM CST Sunday... The National Weather Service in St Louis has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for snow...which is in effect from noon Saturday to 6 PM CST Sunday.
- Timing...snow is expected to move into portions of central and northeast Missouri early Saturday afternoon and continue through the day on Sunday.
- Accumulations...3 to 6 inches.
- Winds...southeast 5 to 10 mph.
- Impacts...the wintry precipitation will result in hazardous travel conditions...especially on bridges... overpasses...and untreated roads. Parking lots and sidewalks will become slippery as well. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory is issued for a variety of winter weather conditions...such as snow...blowing snow...sleet...or freezing drizzle and rain. It only takes a small amount of wintry precipitation to make roads...bridges...sidewalks...and parking lots icy and dangerous. It is often difficult to tell when ice begins to form...so do not be caught off guard.