Issued at: 1:46 PM CDT on July 28, 2015, expires at: 10:00 AM CDT on July 30, 2015
- The National Weather Service in Pleasant Hill MO has issued a
- Flood Warning for the Chariton river near Prairie Hill.
- From this evening to Thursday morning.
- At 7:45 am Tuesday the stage was 13.3 feet.
- Flood stage is 15.0 feet.
- Minor flooding is forecast.
- Forecast...rise above flood stage by tonight and continue to rise to near 15.5 feet by Wednesday morning. The river will fall below flood stage by late Wednesday morning.
- At 15.0 feet...fields along the river begin to flood. Latest location fs stage day/time forecast Chariton river Prairie Hill 15 13.3 Tue 08 am 15.5 Wednesday morning lat...Lon 3997 9273 3997 9261 3960 9268 3927 9290 3933 9299
Issued at: 1:22 PM CDT on July 28, 2015, expires at: 9:00 PM CDT on July 28, 2015
- ...Heat advisory remains in effect until 9 PM CDT this evening...
- temperature...afternoon temperatures will top out in the lower to middle 90s with heat index values ranging from around 102 to 108.
- Impacts...oppressive heat will result in an increased risk of heat related illnesses. Precautionary/preparedness actions... Take extra precautions...if you work or spend time outside. When possible...reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when possible and drink plenty of water. To reduce risk during outdoor work...the occupational safety and health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke is an emergency...call 9 1 1. A heat advisory means that a period of hot temperatures is expected. The combination of hot temperatures and high humidity will combine to create a situation in which heat illnesses are possible. Drink plenty of fluids...stay in an air-conditioned room...stay out of the sun...and check up on relatives and neighbors. Ap