Winter Storm Warning:
Issued at: 1:27 am CST on March 1, 2015, expires at: 12:00 PM CST on March 01, 2015
- ...Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until noon CST today... A Winter Storm Warning for snow and freezing rain remains in effect until noon CST today.
- Short term trends...most of the precipitation has changed over to a light freezing drizzle and freezing rain. This may mix with snow briefly overnight...however the predominant precipitation type will remain freezing rain. Up to a tenth of an inch of ice will be possible on top of the snow that already occurred...with the highest amounts of ice occurring over Texas...Wright and Dent counties.
- Timing and areas affected...portions of southwest and south central Missouri through the overnight hours...generally around the Interstate 44 corridor east of Highway 65.
- Snow and sleet accumulations...only minor amounts of snow are expected through tonight.
- Ice accumulations...freezing rain and freezing drizzle will cause ice accumulations of a tenth of an inch or less.
- Impacts...Road conditions will be dangerous through tonight. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow and freezing rain are expected or occurring. Strong winds are also possible. This will make travel very hazardous or impossible. Consider taking a winter storm kit along with you. This kit should include such items as tire chains...booster cables...a flashlight...shovel...blankets...extra clothing and anything else that would help you survive in case you become stranded.