Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 11:40 PM CST on February 13, 2016, expires at: 6:00 PM CST on February 14, 2016
- ...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 6 PM CST Sunday...
- timing...snow will become widespread by late tonight with the best snowfall accumulation rates expected during Sunday morning. Snow is then expected to taper off to flurries or light freezing drizzle Sunday afternoon.
- Accumulations...snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches are expected...along with a light glazing of ice.
- Winds...winds will be out of the southeast 5 to 15 mph.
- Impacts...the wintry precipitation will result in hazardous travel conditions...especially on bridges... overpasses...and untreated roads. Parking lots and sidewalks will become slippery as well. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory means that up to 5 inches of snow is expected across the advisory area. Roads may rapidly become slippery once the snow begins...so motorists should plan for a slower than normal trip. Be especially alert when approaching bridges...overpasses...and curves. Britt