Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 3:55 am CST on January 31, 2015, expires at: 9:00 PM CST on February 01, 2015
- ...Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 9 PM this evening to 9 PM CST Sunday... The National Weather Service in St Louis has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for snow...which is in effect from 9 PM this evening to 9 PM CST Sunday.
- Timing...rain will become mixed with and change over to snow Saturday night and early Sunday...with the snow continuing Sunday afternoon and evening.
- Accumulations...1 to 3 inches of snow.
- Winds...wind becoming north 10 to 20 mph Sunday afternoon and evening...with higher gusts.
- Impacts...the wintry precipitation will result in hazardous travel conditions...especially on bridges... overpasses...and untreated roads. Parking lots and sidewalks will become slippery as well. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory is issued for a variety of winter weather conditions...such as snow...blowing snow...sleet...or freezing drizzle and rain. It only takes a small amount of wintry precipitation to make roads...bridges...sidewalks...and parking lots icy and dangerous. It is often difficult to tell when ice begins to form...so do not be caught off guard.