Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 4:15 am CST on February 14, 2016, expires at: 6:00 PM CST on February 14, 2016
- ...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 6 PM CST this evening...
- timing...snow will develop and become widespread by late morning...with about 3 to 4 hours of accumulating snow anticipated. Snow is expected to transition to areas of freezing drizzle by midday or early afternoon.
- Accumulations...2 to 3 inches of snow...with a light glazing of ice also expected.
- Winds...southeast 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
- Impacts...the wintry precipitation will result in hazardous travel conditions...especially on bridges... overpasses...and untreated roads. Parking lots and sidewalks will become slippery as well. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory is issued for a variety of winter weather conditions...such as snow...blowing snow...sleet...or freezing drizzle and rain. It only takes a small amount of wintry precipitation to make roads...bridges...sidewalks...and parking lots icy and dangerous. It is often difficult to tell when ice begins to form...so do not be caught off guard.