Flash Flood Watch:
Issued at: 3:45 am CDT on August 24, 2016, expires at: 7:00 AM CDT on August 25, 2016
- ...Flash Flood Watch in effect from this evening through Thursday morning... The National Weather Service in Saint Louis has issued a
- Flash Flood Watch for portions of west central Illinois and northeast Missouri...including the following counties...in west central Illinois...Adams IL. In northeast Missouri...Knox MO...Lewis MO...Marion MO...Monroe MO...Ralls MO and Shelby MO.
- From this evening through Thursday morning
- a slow moving cold front will provide a focus for thunderstorms over the watch area tonight. Training thunderstorms are possible due to the slow movement of the front. One to two inches of rain is possible across the watch area with locally higher amounts.
- Heavy rainfall will result in flooding of low lying or poor drainage areas...and ultimately dangerous flash flooding on smaller creeks and streams. Significant rises on larger streams and rivers will also be possible. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Flash Flood Watch is advanced notice that conditions are favorable that may lead to flash flooding. People in the watch area...especially in flood prone areas...should use this time to make preparations just in case. Stay informed...and be ready for quick action if flooding is observed or if a Flash Flood Warning is issued. Carney