Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 6:26 PM CST on February 28, 2015, expires at: 6:00 PM CST on March 01, 2015
- ...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 6 PM CST Sunday...
- timing...snow will continue this evening. There may be a lull in the snowfall late this evening... but the snow is expected to reintensify on Sunday morning...especially along and north of Interstate 70.
- Accumulations...snow accumulation of 2 to 5 inches...along with a light glazing of ice.
- Winds...south 5 mph or less.
- Impacts...the wintry precipitation will result in hazardous travel conditions...especially on bridges... overpasses...and untreated roads. Parking lots and sidewalks will become slippery as well. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory means that up to 5 inches of snow is expected across the advisory area. Roads may rapidly become slippery once the snow begins...so motorists should plan for a slower than normal trip. Be especially alert when approaching bridges...overpasses...and curves.