Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 3:15 PM CST on February 13, 2016, expires at: 6:00 PM CST on February 14, 2016
- ...Winter Weather Advisory in effect from midnight tonight to 6 PM CST Sunday... The National Weather Service in St Louis has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for snow...which is in effect from midnight tonight to 6 PM CST Sunday.
- Timing...snow will develop late tonight with the best snowfall accumulation rates expected during Sunday morning. Snow is then expected to taper off to flurries or light freezing drizzle Sunday afternoon.
- Accumulations...1 to 3 inches of snow expected with a light glazing of ice possible.
- Winds...east to southeast 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 20 mph.
- Impacts...the wintry precipitation will result in hazardous travel conditions...especially on bridges... overpasses...and untreated roads. Parking lots and sidewalks will become slippery as well. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory means that up to 5 inches of snow is expected across the advisory area. Roads may rapidly become slippery once the snow begins...so motorists should plan for a slower than normal trip. Be especially alert when approaching bridges...overpasses...and curves.