Issued at: 3:53 am CDT on November 1, 2014, expires at: 10:00 AM CDT on November 01, 2014
- ...Freeze warning remains in effect until 10 am CDT this morning...
- short term trends...temperatures will fall into the low to mid 20s by sunrise. Temperatures will then warm above freezing by mid to late morning.
- Timing and areas affected...through 10 am for all of southeastern Kansas and the Missouri Ozarks.
- Temperature...overnight temperatures will fall into the lower to middle 20s.
- Impacts...this hard freeze will end the 2014 growing season. Any cold sensitive vegetation left outside will die. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A freeze warning means sub-freezing temperatures are imminent or highly likely. These conditions will kill crops and other sensitive vegetation.