Flash Flood Watch:
Issued at: 4:08 PM CDT on June 30, 2015, expires at: 7:00 AM CDT on July 02, 2015
- ...Flash Flood Watch in effect from 1 am CDT Wednesday through Thursday morning... The National Weather Service in St Louis has issued a
- Flash Flood Watch for a portion of central Missouri... including the following counties...Boone MO...Callaway MO... Cole MO...Moniteau MO and Osage MO.
- From 1 am CDT Wednesday through Thursday morning
- several rounds of heavy rain producing thunderstorms are expected to affect parts of central Missouri beginning late tonight and continuing into Thursday morning. Very heavy rainfall between 2 and 4 inches is expected during this period.
- Heavy rainfall will result in flooding of low lying or poor drainage areas...and ultimately dangerous flash flooding on smaller creeks and streams. Significant rises on larger streams and rivers will also be possible. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Flash Flood Watch means that flash flooding is possible but not imminent in the watch area. People in the watch area should be aware of the possibility of heavy rainfall and flash flooding. Check your preparedness requirements...especially if you live in flood prone areas. Stay informed...and be ready for quick action if flooding is observed or if a Flash Flood Warning is issued.