Flash Flood Watch:
Issued at: 3:54 PM CDT on July 6, 2015, expires at: 7:00 PM CDT on July 08, 2015
- ...Flash Flood Watch remains in effect from 7 PM CDT this evening through Wednesday evening... The Flash Flood Watch continues for
- portions of Illinois and Missouri...including the following counties...in Illinois...Adams IL...Brown IL...Calhoun IL... Greene IL...Jersey IL...Macoupin IL...Madison IL...Monroe IL... Pike IL and St. Clair IL. In Missouri...Audrain MO...Boone MO...Callaway MO...Cole MO...Crawford MO...Franklin MO... Gasconade MO...Jefferson MO...Knox MO...Lewis MO...Lincoln MO...Marion MO...Moniteau MO...Monroe MO...Montgomery MO... Osage MO...Pike MO...Ralls MO...Shelby MO...St. Charles MO... St. Louis city MO...St. Louis MO...Warren MO and Washington MO.
- From 7 PM CDT this evening through Wednesday evening
- several rounds of thunderstorms will bring heavy rainfall and the potential of flash flooding to the region tonight through Wednesday. Widespread two day rainfall totals of 2 to 4 inches are likely...with localized amounts exceeding 5 inches.
- Heavy rainfall will result in flooding of low lying or poor drainage areas...and ultimately dangerous flash flooding on smaller creeks and streams. Significant rises on larger streams and rivers will also be possible. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Flash Flood Watch means that flash flooding is possible but not imminent in the watch area. People in the watch area should be aware of the possibility of heavy rainfall and flash flooding. Check your preparedness requirements...especially if you live in flood prone areas. Stay informed...and be ready for quick action if flooding is observed or if a Flash Flood Warning is issued. Glass
Issued at: 9:58 am CDT on July 6, 2015, expires at: 12:00 AM CDT on July 08, 2015
- The Flood Warning continues for the Missouri River near Chamois
- until this afternoon.
- At 7:00 am Monday the stage was 17.5 feet.
- Flood stage is 17.0 feet.
- Minor flooding is occurring.
- Forecast: the river is forecast to fall below flood stage this afternoon. An additional rise back above flood stage is possible late this week. Fld latest 7 a.M. Forecast location stg obs stg 07/07 07/08 07/09 07/10 07/11 Missouri River Chamois 17.0 17.50 16.1 15.5 15.4 16.8 16.6 Lat...Lon 3864 9198 3855 9192 3868 9164 3873 9164 3871 9185