Flash Flood Watch:
Issued at: 4:13 am CDT on May 24, 2015, expires at: 7:00 AM CDT on May 25, 2015
- ...Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through Monday morning... The Flash Flood Watch continues for
- portions of Kansas and Missouri...including the following areas...in Kansas...Atchison KS...Doniphan...Johnson KS... Leavenworth...Linn KS...Miami and Wyandotte. In Missouri... Andrew...Bates...Buchanan...Caldwell...Carroll...Cass... Chariton...Clay...Clinton...Cooper...Daviess...De Kalb... Henry...Howard...Jackson...Johnson MO...Lafayette... Livingston...Pettis...Platte...Randolph...ray and Saline.
- Through Monday morning
- moderate to heavy rains may lead to localized flooding today through tomorrow morning. Observed basin areal rainfall values of around 0.5 to 2 inches has already fallen with an additional inch or two expected through Monday morning. Locally higher amounts will be possible throughout the duration of this ongoing event.
- Many rivers and streams are running at elevated levels due to heavy rains experienced earlier this week as well as the rain that has already fallen Saturday night into early Sunday morning. Additional moderate to heavy rainfall today through the morning of Memorial Day will likely lead to further rises and possible flooding to susceptible areas. A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation. You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action should flash flood warnings be issued.
Issued at: 9:53 PM CDT on May 23, 2015, expires at: 6:44 PM CDT on May 26, 2015
- The National Weather Service in Pleasant Hill MO has issued a
- Flood Warning for the Blackwater river at Valley City.
- From Sunday evening to Tuesday evening.
- At 9:00 PM Saturday the stage was 6.2 feet.
- Flood stage is 22.0 feet.
- Moderate flooding is forecast.
- Forecast...rise above flood stage by Sunday before midnight and continue to rise to near 25.1 feet by Monday morning. The river will fall below flood stage by Monday evening.
- At 25.0 feet...County Highway E near Valley City and Highway 23 near the Perry State Wildlife Area are under water.
- At 22.0 feet...Woodlands and farm fields along the river begin to flood. Latest location fs stage day/time forecast Blackwater River Valley city 22 6.2 Sat 09 PM 25.1 Monday morning lat...Lon 3894 9342 3882 9361 3882 9368 3891 9361 3899 9348