Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 6:40 PM CST on March 4, 2015, expires at: 6:00 AM CST on March 05, 2015
- ...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 6 am CST Thursday... A Winter Weather Advisory for snow remains in effect until 6 am CST Thursday.
- Short term trends...a final band of light snow will impact areas along the Interstate 44 corridor through mid evening. The snow will then end from northwest to southeast starting late this evening. Additional accumulations will generally be a dusting to less than one inch this evening along the Interstate 44 corridor. Heavier amounts are expected across south central Missouri where a Winter Storm Warning is in effect.
- Timing and areas affected...portions of southeastern Kansas as well as southwestern and central Missouri...including the greater Interstate 44 corridor...through tonight.
- Snow accumulations...storm total snowfall amounts of one to four inches are expected with the lightest amounts north of Interstate 44 and the heaviest amounts to the south.
- Visibility...light snow will likely result in visibility at or below one and a half miles at times.
- Impacts...be alert for varying Road conditions and icy spots...particularly Road interchanges...bridges and secondary roads into the overnight hours. The Missouri Department of Transportation indicates that areas where roads became wet or slushy Wednesday afternoon could refreeze in spots tonight as temperatures fall into the teens. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving.