Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 3:34 PM CST on March 3, 2015, expires at: 6:00 AM CST on March 05, 2015
- ...Winter Weather Advisory in effect from midnight tonight to 6 am CST Thursday... The National Weather Service in Springfield has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for snow...sleet and freezing rain...which is in effect from midnight tonight to 6 am CST Thursday.
- Timing and areas affected...portions of southeastern Kansas and southwestern and central Missouri...including the greater Interstate 44 corridor...from tonight through Thursday morning.
- Snow and sleet accumulations...a trace up to half inch of sleet...along with two to five inches of snow. The lowest snow and sleet amounts will be across the northern edge of the advisory area.
- Ice accumulations...a trace to five hundredths of an inch of freezing rain will be possible...mainly during the overnight hours tonight.
- Winds and visibility...moderate snow will likely result in visibilities at or below one mile at times on Wednesday.
- Impacts...a combination of sleet...snow...and freezing rain will likely result in considerable travel impacts across the area starting late tonight...and continuing through the day on Wednesday. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow...sleet... or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving.