Dense Fog Advisory:
Issued at: 7:12 PM CST on December 18, 2014, expires at: 10:00 AM CST on December 19, 2014
- ...Dense fog advisory in effect until 10 am CST Friday... The National Weather Service in Springfield has issued a dense fog advisory...which is in effect until 10 am CST Friday.
- Short term trends...Airport observations...reports from the public and media...and Highway webcams all indicate dense fog is developing or has developed from the Lake of The Ozarks region south to the Marshfield and Hartville areas. Areas along Interstate 44 and Highway 60 east and northeast of Springfield are experiencing dense fog over long stretches...especially over higher elevation terrain.
- Timing and areas affected...counties along and east of a line from Versailles to Springfield to Cassville tonight and through 10 am Friday morning.
- Visibility...frequently less than a quarter of a mile. Temperatures near freezing may cause some overpasses and bridges to become slick later tonight.
- Impacts...travel will be impacted by poor visibility. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A dense fog advisory means visibilities will frequently be reduced to less than one quarter mile. If driving...slow down... use your headlights...and leave plenty of distance ahead of you.