Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 11:58 am CST on March 1, 2015, expires at: 3:00 PM CST on March 01, 2015
- ...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 3 PM CST this afternoon... A Winter Weather Advisory for snow...sleet and freezing rain remains in effect until 3 PM CST this afternoon.
- Short term trends...showers of light sleet...light snow...and light freezing rain will continue through early this afternoon.
- Timing and areas affected...areas generally along and north of the Interstate 44 corridor through 3 PM.
- Snow and sleet accumulations...additional accumulation of a dusting up to a half inch.
- Ice accumulations...an additional thin glaze.
- Impacts...slippery roadways will remain likely. The Kansas and Missouri departments of transportation are still indicating snow and ice covered roadways across much of the region. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow...sleet... or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving.