Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch:
Issued at: 8:02 am CDT on October 2, 2014, expires at: 7:00 PM CDT on October 02, 2014
- The National Weather Service in Pleasant Hill has issued an
- Urban and Small Stream Flood Advisory for... Howard County in central Missouri... northern Cooper County in central Missouri... Randolph County in north central Missouri...
- until noon CDT
- at 759 am CDT...National Weather Service Doppler radar indicated thunderstorms with heavy rainfall across the advisory area. Doppler radar estimated as much as 3 to 4 inches of rain has fallen over the advisory area.
- Runoff from this excessive rainfall will cause minor flooding to occur...especially along small streams and near low water crossings. Some locations that will experience minor flooding include...Boonville...Fayette...Glasgow...Huntsville...Moberly... Armstrong...Cairo...Clark...Higbee and New Franklin. Precautionary/preparedness actions... An additional 1 to 2 inches of rainfall is still possible in the advisory area this morning. Excessive runoff from this storm will cause minor flooding of small creeks and streams...highways and underpasses. Additionally... country roads and farmlands along the banks of creeks and streams and other low lying areas are subject to minor flooding. Lat...Lon 3926 9231 3924 9232 3924 9243 3900 9256 3894 9253 3885 9305 3897 9305 3908 9291 3912 9295 3920 9286 3934 9279 3932 9271 3961 9270 3961 9230 32 557 am CDT Thu Oct 2 2014 ...Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through this evening... The Flash Flood Watch continues for
- portions of east central Kansas and Missouri...including the following areas...in east central Kansas...Linn KS and Miami. In Missouri...Bates...Cass...Cooper...Henry...Howard...Johnson MO...Pettis and Randolph.
- Through this evening
- the potential exists for a few additional rounds of thunderstorms today. Total rainfall may exceed 2 to 3 inches in localized areas which may cause areas of flash flooding.
- Flash flooding is possible across the watch area. Significant ponding of water in urban areas is also possible. Small streams may rise above their banks and cause flooding of low lying areas including roadways. A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation. You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action should flash flood warnings be issued.