COLUMBIA, Mo. - Lightning has been named as the cause of a fire at a Columbia apartment building Monday evening.
Firefighters got the call shortly after 6 p.m. from the 2600 block of Eastwood Drive.
When they arrived, firefighters saw smoke and flames coming from the roof of the building.
Everyone inside made it out safely, and no one was hurt. The damage has been estimated at $5,000.
- Updated Woman in fatal crash wasn't wearing seat belt
- Updated Suspect indecently exposes himself on East Rollins Street
- New Man's petition to set aside guilty plea in murder case denied
- Governor's security detail to remain same under Greitens
- Man is arrested for aggravated stalking, was hiding in victim's backyard
- Victim assaulted and robbed by same suspect within a week
- Governor--elect Greiteins vows to tighten up on crime