COLUMBIA, Mo. - Tuesday's snowstorm has prompted many schools and businesses to close for the day.
The University of Missouri-Columbia, Columbia College, Stephens College and William Woods University are among the area schools of higher learning to cancel classes on Tuesday.
Most public school districts closed even before the snow started, including Columbia, Jefferson City, Fulton, Moberly and Mexico.
Columbia decided to close city offices today, though emergency services are still in operation. Boone County offices will be open for now, though with minimal personnel. The Columbia/Boone County Health Department is closed for the day, and trash/recycling collection services in and around Columbia will be delayed one day this week.
Columbia Transit will not run its routes Tuesday, and Jefferson City Transit will operate until 1 p.m.
CLICK HERE for the updated list of closings and cancellations.
- Columbia Police Department raises money for mid-Missouri children's home
- Columbia city council approves public inconvenience fee
- Columbia City Council approves "public inconvenience fee"
- Updated Governor-elect Eric Greitens' wife robbed at gunpoint
- Jefferson City council to vote on voluntary annexation
- Woman dies in crash near Midway
- Search for MU chancellor will take "several months," UM System Spokesman reveals cost