News

Bottle rocket sparks fire at University of Missouri owned field

Officials said a bottle rocket started a fire at the University of Missouri owned field late Wednesday afternoon. 

Fire crews responded to the field at the corner of E. New Haven and S. Warren just after 6:30 p.m. 

Sara Diedrich, public safety information specialist at MU, said part of the field was burned, but no one was injured and no structures were affected. 

The Boone County Fire Department responded to the fire. 


comments powered by Disqus

ABC 17 News Stormtrack

  • Tuesday July 17 Evening Weather Video

Top Videos