News

Fan or smoking could have contributed to deadly Fulton fire

FULTON, Mo. - On Friday, the Fulton Fire Department said a deadly July fire was accidental.

Chief Kevin Coffelt said a fan and the improper use of smoking materials could have been contributing factors for the flames.

On July 14, the fire broke out on one side of a duplex in the 900 block of Nichols Street.

Fire crews knocked down a door and found Stephen Rives unconscious. They removed him from the building but were unable to revive him.

A woman on the other side of the duplex was able to get out safely.


comments powered by Disqus

ABC 17 News Stormtrack

  • Monday July 16 Morning Weather Video

Top Videos