COLUMBIA, Mo. - The Columbia Fire Department responded after a city-owned garbage truck caught fire Friday.
It happened around 11:08 a.m. in the 5400 block of Peabody Road, in northeast Columbia.
Firefighters said the fire was contained to the bed of the trash truck. ABC 17 News is told the vehicle is fueled by compressed natural gas.
The Boone County Fire Protection District also helped put out the garbage truck fire.
ABC 17 has reached out to the Fire Department to find out what started the fire and if anyone was hurt.