News

St. Louis man exposed to carbon monoxide at Moberly airport dies

MOBERLY, Mo. - The Randolph County Coroner confirmed Wednesday morning that a man who was exposed to carbon monoxide at the airport in Moberly has died. 

Coroner Don Barrett said his office was informed that Arron J. Herring, 29, of St. Louis, died at a hospital in Columbia on Saturday. 

According to Barrett, the cause of death has been ruled as carbon monoxide poisoning. 

Two other men found unresponsive inside a hangar at Omar R. Bradley Regional Airport were treated and released from the hospital. A Moberly firefighter was also released after being treated for carbon monoxide exposure.

Investigators said last week the source of the carbon monoxide was a malfunctioning heater.

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration is investigating the incident. 

Sign up for email news alerts by clicking here


comments powered by Disqus

ABC 17 News Stormtrack

  • Friday February 22 Morning Weather

Recommended Stories

Top Videos